Saturday, November 1, 2008

WHITE CHICKEN CHILI

When I first got this recipe from Ms. O, I have to admit: I looked it over, set it aside and it took me a while before I made it. BIG mistake. I finally put the ingredients on my shopping list last week and we both LOVED it... once it actually turns cool here (yep, folks are still wearing sundresses. It's NOVEMBER!) this will become a staple. I halved this recipe, since it's just the two of us, and we got 4 good size portions out of it (2nds for ::him:: and lunch for ::me:: the next day). Also, I couldn't find the anaheim, so I skipped it and it turned out awesome. I cut out ALL the stems and seeds, and it had just enough heat for me, but I'm kind of a wuss...you can crank up the heat as much as you want with seeds, though. And, as always, be careful when cutting peppers so you don't get the "heat" in your eyes (make sure to wash thoroughly, etc.) Thanks, lady!